Saturday, October 29, 2011

Re: SerializationException with List

Just an addendum but I tried removing maven and running the eclipse
gwt plugin directly to build my project. I got the exact same errors:
"The response can not be deserialized" when I have gwt-servlet-2.2.jar
in my war lib and "The response can not be deserialized expected
version 7 but server had 5" when I don't.

Any help would be wonderful because we're trying to do a release come
Monday
Thanks

On Oct 28, 7:52 pm, darkling <darkling...@aol.com> wrote:
> Yes but I still got The response could not be deserialized
>
> Im using maven plugin so my POM looks like this:
>
>                 <plugins>
>                         <plugin>
>                                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                                 <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                                 <version>2.4.0</version>
>                                 <configuration>
>                                         <localWorkers>1</localWorkers>
>                                         <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/war</warSourceDirectory>
>                                         <module>${cura.assessor.module}</module>
>                                         <style>OBFUSCATED</style>
>                                         <gwtVersion>2.4.0</gwtVersion>
>                                         <disableCastChecking>true</disableCastChecking>
>                                         <soyc>false</soyc>
>                                 </configuration>
>                                 <executions>
>                                         <execution>
>                                                 <goals>
>                                                         <goal>compile</goal>
>                                                         <goal>generateAsync</goal>
>                                                 </goals>
>                                         </execution>
>                                 </executions>
>                         </plugin>
>
> I'm not manually including any gwt jars, though I added gwt-
> servlet.jar to my war folder because I got the explicit mismatching
> version error when I didn't
> Matt
>
> On Oct 28, 4:18 pm, Markus Zywitza <markus.zywi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Did you already try ArrayList instead of List?
>
> > --Markus
>
> > 2011/10/28 darkling <darkling...@aol.com>
>
> > > I've just managed to update my GWT (2.4) and I'm having problems with
> > > my RPCs. Every time I try to send a List object it says the item can
> > > not be deserialized. I single stepped through it and it comes out as a
> > > SerializationException which GWT wraps in a
> > > IncompatibleRemoteServiceException.
>
> > > The Lists are of pojo objects that do implement Serializable and have
> > > always been deserializable before. I thought that it might be related
> > > to mismatching GWT jars so I tried changing them. When I use the gwt-
> > > servlet.jar (version 2.2.) it says
> > > "Response can not be deserialized".
> > > When I use a different version of that jar it says "
> > > Response can not be deserialized expected version 7 but server had 5"
> > > or something like that which leads me to believe my jars are correct.
>
> > > But for some reason I can't deserialize a list. I've seen a lot of
> > > postings on this subject but no concrete answers. I'm not running in
> > > hosted mode, just using raw tomcat. I can't figure out what's wrong.
> > > Can anyone recommend some other things I should check? Or a way to
> > > debug so I know what versions are being used? The System no longer
> > > complains about the versions when I use the "correct" jars but if the
> > > versions are correct can anyone suggest a reason why the List object
> > > can not be deserialized?
> > > Any help would be great, thanks.
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment