Friday, October 28, 2011

Re: SerializationException with List

Yes but I still got The response could not be deserialized

Im using maven plugin so my POM looks like this:


<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.4.0</version>
<configuration>
<localWorkers>1</localWorkers>
<warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/war</warSourceDirectory>
<module>${cura.assessor.module}</module>
<style>OBFUSCATED</style>
<gwtVersion>2.4.0</gwtVersion>
<disableCastChecking>true</disableCastChecking>
<soyc>false</soyc>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>compile</goal>
<goal>generateAsync</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

I'm not manually including any gwt jars, though I added gwt-
servlet.jar to my war folder because I got the explicit mismatching
version error when I didn't
Matt

On Oct 28, 4:18 pm, Markus Zywitza <markus.zywi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you already try ArrayList instead of List?
>
> --Markus
>
> 2011/10/28 darkling <darkling...@aol.com>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I've just managed to update my GWT (2.4) and I'm having problems with
> > my RPCs. Every time I try to send a List object it says the item can
> > not be deserialized. I single stepped through it and it comes out as a
> > SerializationException which GWT wraps in a
> > IncompatibleRemoteServiceException.
>
> > The Lists are of pojo objects that do implement Serializable and have
> > always been deserializable before. I thought that it might be related
> > to mismatching GWT jars so I tried changing them. When I use the gwt-
> > servlet.jar (version 2.2.) it says
> > "Response can not be deserialized".
> > When I use a different version of that jar it says "
> > Response can not be deserialized expected version 7 but server had 5"
> > or something like that which leads me to believe my jars are correct.
>
> > But for some reason I can't deserialize a list. I've seen a lot of
> > postings on this subject but no concrete answers. I'm not running in
> > hosted mode, just using raw tomcat. I can't figure out what's wrong.
> > Can anyone recommend some other things I should check? Or a way to
> > debug so I know what versions are being used? The System no longer
> > complains about the versions when I use the "correct" jars but if the
> > versions are correct can anyone suggest a reason why the List object
> > can not be deserialized?
> > Any help would be great, thanks.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment