Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Re: Unable to disable debug IDs

Should anyone else find their way here my colleague pointed me to this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1745315/how-to-create-a-development-debug-and-production-setup

Which explains a little more about the solution suggested below.

On Tuesday, 30 September 2014 11:51:26 UTC+1, Peter Cliff wrote:
I hope this is the right place to ask what I hope is a simple question!

I have a module that is inheriting the debug module and this appears to work - the test debug ID I've added is appearing.

If I add:

<set-property name="gwt.enableDebugId" value="false"/>

the debug IDs disappear.

Now I'd like to be able to control that property from the command line or from Maven during compile (I assume this property takes effect during compile?) so I can turn the IDs on or off for production or otherwise.

(There may be a better way to do that, but I cannot find it - running the app without the debugger on both my PC and our development server I see the debug IDs).

I've tried adding:

-D gwt.enableDebugId=false

to the command line when running mvn gwt:compile but that has no effect.

Adding:

<gwt.enableDebugId>false</gwt.enableDebugId>

to the plugin configuration also does nothing. (I tried enableDebugId without the gwt. too).

Could be I'm going about this all wrong and any advice would be most welcome!

Thank you in advance,

Pete



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment