Thursday, September 25, 2014

pass list of valueproxy, calling merge() cause DELETE

Hi there,

I am having a very strange problem. One parent entity proxy has a list of children value proxy objects. 

Start with the parent having one child in UI, when I add another child that is loaded from another database table. Then, calling merge() on parent in my JPA backend.

Backend should have been simply establish association between parent and 2nd child, which is an UPDATE statement.  However, what I see is a DELETE statement on 1st child and a UPDATE on 2nd child.

The update makes sense, but I cannot figure out why DELETE is issued as a result of MERGE.

Any idea of what I maybe missing?

Thanks,
Yan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment