Friday, September 26, 2014

Code Splitting Advice

Hi there,

I have been given a task by my employer of splitting our (large) application up into separate chunks of code, so that instead of a user downloading all the code on first access, they only get the reporting app, for example. The source is currently organised into the various apps, for example:

uk.company.mainApplication.ui.gwt.client.app.report.*
uk.company.mainApplication.ui.gwt.client.app.service.*
uk.company.mainApplication.ui.gwt.client.app.status.*
...
etc

There are various *.gwt.xml files that are chained as such:

App.gwt.xml -> AppBase.gwt.xml -> App[Dev|Production].get.xml -> [DevApp|ProdApp].gwt.xml


The build is handled via an Ant script that is driven by properties defined in Eclipse/Hudson.

Each part of the application (e.g. report) is currently accessed using specific JSP pages which set a parameter and then forward onto the main controller.jsp which configures what part of the app to load.

I have a pretty good grounding in GWT and how to use it, but I have never attempted to do something like this and what I have read on the web has only further confused me! If anyone could give me some pointers on how to achieve what I have been tasked with, I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance

Tim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment