Friday, July 30, 2010

Re: Protected Page + PopupPanel

It seems if your using a UIBinder, you would want to check before they
get to that page. Are you using UIBinders for the whole site?

I would recommend checking the user and popping up the log in box
either on onModuleLoad() or in the clickHandler before you switch over
to that page?

Tom


On Jul 29, 12:46 pm, Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 July 2010 12:26, Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to have a popup login box show up instead of the real page
> > when the user is not yet logged in. The relevant code is below.
>
> > What happens, however, is that the popup panel shows up briefly and is
> > then overwritten with the DockLayoutPanel, even though I did not yet
> > add it to the RootPanel! In fact, I clear the RootPanel explicitely.
>
> > I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I'd love to hear your
> > suggestions and ideas. (Everything works as expected when the user is
> > logged in.)
>
> > (I'm using GWT 2.1.0.M2 and GWT-Platform 0.3.)
> :
> >   @Override
> >   public Widget asWidget() {
> >     return panel;
> >   }
>
> :
>
> The culprit seems to be asWidget. I don't think my current approach is
> feasible. Back to the drawing board.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment