Thursday, February 27, 2014

Re: Development Mode will not be supported in Firefox 27+

Hi there,

I can understand that it is a hard task to maintain the GWT and especially DevMode with its plugins.
However, the hole thing about GWT is that you can do pure Java and use the Java tooling.
Developers know how to work with Eclipse. And within the Eclipse debugger you can evaluate deeply into variables and objects, add conditional breakpoints, exception breakpoints, dynamically evaluate expressions, have step filters, drop to frame, etc., etc.
I am a power user and going to SDM with chrome debugger is simply no alternative and will IMHO never be.
With GWT 2.6.0 DevMode even stopped working due to Jetty problems so I can not even use it with older FF versions.
This is a real pain for me. I am wondering if I wasted the last years building on GWT all nights (https://github.com/m-m-m/mmm/tree/master/mmm-client/mmm-client-ui/mmm-client-ui-widget/mmm-client-ui-widget-impl-web-gwt). Then I could also assimilate with JS hell and go for AngularJS.
Sorry for being so negative but I am really frustrated. Thanks for all your support on GWT (2.6.0 brings J1.7 syntax support, etc. what is really cool) and your will to improve it in the future. Maybe you can change my mind one fine day and bring me back...

Regards
  Jörg

Am Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2014 11:57:30 UTC+1 schrieb Thomas Broyer:


On Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:49:42 AM UTC+1, m...@touk.pl wrote:
Couldn't agree more... debugging the client-side GWT code in the IDE debugger (Eclipse in my case) is base of my every day work :(

I'm sure the SDBG devs would love to hear your feedback ;-)
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment