Monday, January 31, 2011

Re: Is there a way to copy all maven referenced jars to the war/WEB-INF/lib

wow, webAppCreator support maven structure? Good news, thanks for the heads-up!

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM, mortsahl <mortsahl@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm new to GWT and trying to figure things out, but on this maven
question, I created my initial project using the included
webAppCreator script like this ...

$GWT_HOME/webAppCreator -out myProject -maven  com.myProject

(I'm on a Mac so change your path accordingly)

This created my initial project template including the pom.xml file.
See the generated README.txt file.  I then imported the project into
Eclipse using the m2eclipse plugin and importing as an existing maven
project.  Build from the command line or from Eclipse.

This gives you a working template ... add dependencies, get rid of the
sample code and start doing your own thing.  First thing I did was
just add a dependency and did a mvn clean gwt:compile package then
looked in the the generated war file's WEB-INF/lib and my dependency
was there.

Very easy.  I don't know if I'll run into problems as my app grows in
complexity but for a start I couldn't be happier.

Mort


On Jan 30, 2:01 am, "Mike.G" <gsun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all:
>  i'm using maven to organize my gwt project, everything works well but one
> defect: Is there a way to copy all maven referenced jars to the
> war/WEB-INF/lib?
>
> when i use maven POM to add a new depencies, i have to copy the jar and it's
> dependent jar to WEB-INF/lib, usually i may forget copying some, which will
> lead to "no class def" error when i deliver the project to web server. but
> in development mode, it works well.
>
> could someone help me? how did you tackle this messy situation? thanks very
> much.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.




--
Üdv,
Kriván Bálint

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment