Sunday, January 30, 2011
Found an inconsistent behaviour in GWT Expenses Roo application: Master-Detail Activities-Places becoming out of Sync !
I found an inconsistent behaviour in GWT Expenses Roo application.
Actually I found it in my own sample app inspired by Expenses app,
and when I checked GWT Expenses Roo for reference,
I realized it is the case there also.
** When Hitting Browser Back Button, Master and Detail Activities/Places, become out of Sync! **
Problem Background: (similar to Expenses Roo app)
- We have a Master/Detail Layout which uses Places/Activity/Activity Filter concepts.
- The Master part, is consisted of a list of items in a CellTable, this table has a Pager.
- When selecting an Item from the Master Activity (in Master Place), we go to a new place (detail place),
this detail place shows the detail of the selected items.
- We use a place filter in conjunction with FilteredActivityMapper,
so that when going to the detail place, the master activity remain the same.
as a result, we can see master activity(which has a celltable),
and detail activity (a panel showing details of the item), side by side.
so far so good.
- our data is presented in multiple pages, we go back and forth, using Pager next/previous buttons.
Here is where the problem lies.
- select item A and then B from "Page X of CellTable".
- details of items A and B are displayed alongside the CellTable accordingly (detail activity/place)
- using CellTable Pager, go from Page X to Page Y.
- we are now in the Page Y of Cell Table.
- Details of Item B is still showing (++ this may or may not be the desired behaviour ++)
- hit back button !
- we see detail of item A, but cell table remains in Page Y,
instead of going to Page X, where item B actually is located,
we are remaining in PageY of celltable.
as a result in, our Master and Details Activity/Places become out of sync !
The correct behaviour should be:
when Detail Activity is showing detail of item A,
Master Activity should also display the correct page of CellTable
which contains item A within that Range.
in other words, if item A is in Page 6, everytime Detail Activity is displaying detail of Item A,
the Master Activity must also set the current page of table to the page where item A is located.
do you have any suggestions on how this problem can be fixed ?
I am extremely disappointed that after spending many many weeks to get this master/detail working,
it is not behaving correctly : (
Please Help : (
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.