Tuesday, June 21, 2016

GWT 2.8 and Guava 20

While not only a GWT question, I thought this was the best place to ask. I've got an GWT 2.7 application which is being upgraded to 2.8. I'm using one of the latest snapshot (2.8.0-269) together with Guava (20.0.220-SNAPSHOT).

The problem is I get the same type of error that is mentioned in this issue: https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/issues/9323, but just adding both error_prone_annotations and j2objc-annotations jars to the classpath when running the CodeServer doesn't seem to work for me.

I did get it working by manually adding a GWT module file (Annotations.gwt.xml) to both jars, which just sets the source path:
<module>
    <inherits name="com.google.gwt.core.Core" />

    <source path=""/>
    <source path="concurrent"/>
    <super-source path="super" />
</module>

And then add then reference this in my main Module file:
<inherits name="com.google.errorprone.annotations.Annotations" />
<inherits name="com.google.j2objc.annotations.Annotations" />

But I would like to avoid manually modifying those jars (as that makes each upgrade more of a pain, and I need to upload the modified jars to our maven repository instead of just mirroring the existing ones). Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment