Friday, September 30, 2011

Re: GWT and IE8



On Friday, September 30, 2011 9:02:46 AM UTC+2, mkn wrote:
Now I have only the line:
<set-property name="user.agent" value="gecko1_8"/>

I'm not so sure why this should fix the problem.

No, it'll be worse.

Juan Pablo asked you *whether* you were doing such things (because that could have triggered the issue), not that you change you module.
 
By specifying that
line I speed up the compiler because it doesn't compile all the
versions anymore.
If run my application in IE8 now, then I just see a blank page and no
sign indicating any java script errors. However, when I click on the
refresh button. I get an error box with message: " ERROR: Possible
problem with your *.gwt.xml module file. The compile time user.agent
value (gecko1_8) does not match the runtime user.agent value (ie8).
Expect more errors.

Yes, you only compiled for Firefox, so its' no longer working in other browsers (IE, Chrome/Safari, Opera)

P.S. If it helps you I can send you the link to the application.

That could help, yes. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/L-0kOnVMfu0J.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment