Friday, September 30, 2011

Re: GWT and IE8

Now I have only the line:
<set-property name="user.agent" value="gecko1_8"/>

I'm not so sure why this should fix the problem. By specifying that
line I speed up the compiler because it doesn't compile all the
versions anymore.
If run my application in IE8 now, then I just see a blank page and no
sign indicating any java script errors. However, when I click on the
refresh button. I get an error box with message: " ERROR: Possible
problem with your *.gwt.xml module file. The compile time user.agent
value (gecko1_8) does not match the runtime user.agent value (ie8).
Expect more errors.

Thank you for helping me Juan! I appreciate it a lot.

P.S. If it helps you I can send you the link to the application.

On Sep 30, 5:11 am, Juan Pablo Gardella <gardellajuanpa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Seehttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/1011863/how-do-i-speed-up-the-gwt-...,
> how set user agent.
>
> 2011/9/29 mkn <m.kho...@gmail.com>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I use GWT 2.4.0
> > I added to the project's myProject.gwt.xml (just in front of the </
> > module> tag) the following lines:
>
> >  <!-- Browser-sensitive code should use the 'user.agent' property -->
> >  <define-property name="user.agent" values="ie6" />
> >  <extend-property name="user.agent" values="ie8" />
> >  <extend-property name="user.agent" values="gecko1_8" />
> >  <extend-property name="user.agent" values="safari" />
> >  <extend-property name="user.agent" values="opera" />
> >  <extend-property name="user.agent" values="ie9" fallback-
> > value="ie8" />
> >  <property-provider name="user.agent"
> > generator="com.google.gwt.user.rebind.UserAgentPropertyGenerator"/>
>
> > whereas I changed the first line from <define-property ...> to <extend-
> > property ...>. If I use <define-property..> then I got the error:
> > [ERROR] The deferred-binding property named user.agent may not be
> > redefined.
> > [ERROR] Line 40: Unexpected exception while processing element 'define-
> > property'
>
> > On Sep 29, 9:51 pm, Juan Pablo Gardella <gardellajuanpa...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > What gwt version are you use? Are you modify user.agent
> > > <http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/user/..
> > .>property
> > > in your module?
>
> > > 2011/9/29 mkn <m.kho...@gmail.com>
>
> > > > Hi
>
> > > > I developed an application in GWT. It worked perfectly in Chrome and
> > > > Safari. However, when I tried it on IE8 I was shocked because it
> > > > didn't work anymore.
>
> > > > So when I browse to the application I just see a blank page and at the
> > > > bottom left there is this warning sign. When I click on it says:
>
> > > > Webpage error details
>
> > > > User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/
> > > > 4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR
> > > > 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2)
> > > > Timestamp: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:31:40 UTC
>
> > > > Message: Exception thrown and not caught
> > > > Line: 657
> > > > Char: 5
> > > > Code: 0
> > > > URI:
> > > >http://something.com/test_light/test_light/658EB31931BDA704313D9668F7.
> > ..
>
> > > > So I opened the Developer Tools and there is a message: Exception
> > > > thrown and not caught on line 657. This is the line 653 until 663:
>
> > > > function entry_0(jsFunction){
> > > >  return function(){
> > > >    try {
> > > >      return entry0(jsFunction, this, arguments);
> > > >    }
> > > >     catch (e) {
> > > >      throw e;
> > > >    }
> > > >  }
> > > >  ;
> > > > }
>
> > > > The most weird thing is, that when I click on refresh button of the
> > > > browser, then the application works.
> > > > I also put a <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8">  (as
> > > > suggested herehttp://
> > code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/IE8Support
> > > > )
> > > > in my .html file and it didn't change anything.
>
> > > > I always thought that GWT is compatible with IE6,7,8. I hope someone
> > > > can help me solving this issue. Many thanks in advance for any kind of
> > > > help.
>
> > > > --
> > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> > Groups
> > > > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > > > To post to this group, send email to
> > google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment