Friday, September 30, 2011

Re: GWT and IE8

to add some more information:
I think there is something wrong with the cache. Because when I clear
the cache, then it works. But then when I visit the page once again, I
get the java script error. And then, when I click on the refresh
button of the IE Browser, it works again.

On Sep 30, 3:12 pm, mkn <m.kho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, it'll be worse.
>
> > Juan Pablo asked you *whether* you were doing such things (because that
> > could have triggered the issue), not that you change you module.
>
> So the answer would be no, I haven't modified anything. How can I
> found out what this function does (because obviously it throws the
> Exception):
>
> function entry_0(jsFunction){
>   return function(){
>     try {
>       return entry0(jsFunction, this, arguments);
>     }
>      catch (e) {
>       throw e;
>     }
>   }
>   ;
>
> }
>
> On Sep 30, 10:45 am, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Friday, September 30, 2011 9:02:46 AM UTC+2, mkn wrote:
>
> > > Now I have only the line:
> > > <set-property name="user.agent" value="gecko1_8"/>
>
> > > I'm not so sure why this should fix the problem.
>
> > No, it'll be worse.
>
> > Juan Pablo asked you *whether* you were doing such things (because that
> > could have triggered the issue), not that you change you module.
>
> > > By specifying that
> > > line I speed up the compiler because it doesn't compile all the
> > > versions anymore.
> > > If run my application in IE8 now, then I just see a blank page and no
> > > sign indicating any java script errors. However, when I click on the
> > > refresh button. I get an error box with message: " ERROR: Possible
> > > problem with your *.gwt.xml module file. The compile time user.agent
> > > value (gecko1_8) does not match the runtime user.agent value (ie8).
> > > Expect more errors.
>
> > Yes, you only compiled for Firefox, so its' no longer working in other
> > browsers (IE, Chrome/Safari, Opera)
>
> > P.S. If it helps you I can send you the link to the application.
>
> > That could help, yes.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment