Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SLF4J with GWT dev mode not works?

I am using Spring 3.0.5 with SLF4J.
Spring is loaded in the web.xml that is picked up when starting dev
mode.
Spring then complains that it can't find SLF4J:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory

When putting the SLF4J in the WEB-INF/lib folder, it all works well.
Other people on the net experience the same. For example:
http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=85121
Strange, as when I use LOG4J, I don't need to do that, and it all
works well.

Why do I need to put the SLF4J jar in the WEB-INF/lib dir? and why nog
LOG4J?

I am using maven to manage my dependencies so I don't want to put my
dependencies on two places :(...
Besides my SLF4J in the lib, the lib is empty.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment