Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Re: GWT htaccess to disable cache

On 06/29/2010 04:33 PM, Jeff Chimene wrote:
> On 06/29/2010 03:54 PM, Thomas Broyer wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 30 juin, 00:40, Jeff Chimene <jchim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I searched the group for a GWT-specific .htaccess fragment that disables
>>> caching for *nocache.js I couldn't find one.
>>
>> Probably because it's in the doc:
>> http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCompilingAndDebugging.html
>
> OK. I got it working now.
>

No, I don't have it working yet. The difference seems to be that after a
compile/deploy sequence, w/o clearing the cache, w/ the .htaccess from
the docs, I see the following status sequence for the nocache

200 -> (reload) -> 304 -> (reload) -> 304...

Using the other .htaccess, I see the following status sequence for the
nocache after a compile/deploy sequence:

200 -> (reload) -> 200 -> (reload) -> 200...

IOW, does the server/browser cache management "do what I mean" when I
redeploy the app on the server? I want to get past the "please clear
your browser cache and reload" issue after deploying updates to the server.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment