Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Problem with Eclipse, Google plugin and WTP

Hello,

I have troubles with WTP and Google plugin for Eclipse.

I have one Dynamic Web Application Project, and I use GWT in this
project. It's smart-ui.

I have a Java Project which contains all business logic, it's smart-
business : smart-ui depends on smart-business. All is correctly
exported in Java EE Module Dependencies.

Now I use WTP to deploy on a local JBoss, and all is working except
one thing : the libraries of project-ui are not deployed in WEB-INF/
lib. The project itself is compiled, packaged and deployed in this
directory.

I have found after investigating several hours I can deploy correctly
if I set in the Java Build Path (in Eclipse) the Default output
folder to build/classes (and not WebContent/WEB-INF/classes). All libs
are present in WEB-INF/lib. I can even set the folder to builddddd/
classes for example, it works.

Meanwhile I have a new error in my project :
The output directory for the project should be set to /smart-ui/
WebContent/WEB-INF/classes smart-ui-gxt Unknown Google Web App
Problem

If I set the Default output folder back to WebConten/WEB-INF/classes,
I don't have the error anymore but the libs aren't exported to WEB-INF/
lib.


I think there are some incompatibilities between WTP and Google plugin
there.

Am I missing something ? Is this a know issue and does a workaround
exist ?


Thanks for helping.

Simon

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment