Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Re: Anyone finds Contacts2 confusing?

Relying on a good MVP framework can dramatically cut down on
boilerplate. Personally, I'm now building all my apps with MVP
(without Roo for now) and find that the result is much more pleasing
to look at and develop than any GWT code I've written before. I would
say this is true even for single-person projects. Also, relying on a
standard framework could make your app compatible with annotation
processors like the new gwt-mvp-apt (http://www.draconianoverlord.com/
2010/06/28/gwt-mpv-apt-1.1.html
), which could let you cut down even
more on boilerplate!

On Jun 29, 8:45 am, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 juin, 14:27, Sean <slough...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think in general MVP is always going to be very wordy. There's a ton
> > of abstraction going on so that several developers can work on the
> > same app all at different levels and as long as the interfaces remain
> > intact, they won't step on each other's toes. I'm a single developer
> > working on my own website so I figured MVP wasn't a good fit for me
> > because I won't gain anything from the benefits of MVP.
>
> MVP allows you to unit-test the "P", which I think is worth it even
> for small projects (well, if you have somewhat "complex enough"
> interactions that they would benefit from being unit-tested, but
> that's quickyl the case even in small projects)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment