Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Re: Creating new Presenter/View in a Presenter

On 30 juin, 17:31, Jyaif <jfgeye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am beginning to work on a big app created in GWT and I have a
> question regarding the MVP pattern in GWT.
>
> I have readhttp://code.google.com/webtoolkit/articles/mvp-architecture.html,
> and I understand that the AppController creates Presenters, and
> provides them a rpcService, an eventBus, and a view.
>
> This makes it easy (among other things) to target mobile phones or
> desktop computers by submitting different views to the Presenters
>
> However, if one of the Presenter creates some widget, also programmed
> in a VP fashion, it will be the Presenter's responsibility to
> instantiate the view for the widget :-(
> How can I make it so the Presenter knows what kind of view (mobile
> phone/desktop) it has to create?
>
> Should I submit to all my Presenters a Factory with the methods
> newViewForWidgetA(), newViewForWidgetB(), etc... ?

Yes, more or less. But I'd encourage you to use some dependency
injection framework, such as Google GIN, to make this waaaay easier to
write and maintain.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment