Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Re: What's the latest GWT version usable with GWT-Ext?

That sounds suspiciously like a project I used to work on! Thankfully I am at a different company now and don't have to worry about it anymore, last I heard they were throwing it all away and re-writing using PHP/pure JS.

From memory, GWT-Ext wasn't the best implementation (but you have probably found that) and I suspect you aren't going to have much luck moving to a more recent GWT :(

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 17:16:24 UTC+1, walker1c wrote:
I have the unenviable task of resurrecting and modifying a project that was last touched about six years ago.  The project uses GWT 1.5.3 and makes extensive use of the GWT-EXT widget toolkit that ceased active development when 1.5.3 was current. 

There is currently no budget for replacing GWT-EXT with an alternative, so I have to work with what I've got, but I would very much like to update the GWT version, both to take advantage of GWT improvements, and to avoid having to set up a development environment with historic versions of Eclipse, Maven, and associated plugins.

What's the latest GWT version anyone has succeeded is using with GWT-EXT?  Any links to crib-sheets for this kind of environment would be most appreciated, as they could save me a lot of time.

Chris

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment