Thursday, August 28, 2014

Re: Moving to Maven

Hi,

thank you! I have worked through all the links and I think I have got the basics now.

  • I am able to create a single project using the codehaus plugin or the one from Thomas
    I see that Thomas' plugin creates a more granular project structure:

  • I am also able to do the development process (compile, install, and so on)

  • I also are very excited because of the way you work with super dev mode:
    just two terminals for the two servers, instead of point and click in eclipse
    (Thomas. great work!)

So I believe I could migrate a standalone project to maven. But I don't know how to migrate projects that depend on each other.
Consider the following example:

  • GWT Application: a normal GWT app
  • GWT Library: a library based on GWT, to be used in client-side code
  • Java Library: a library based on pure java, to be used in server-side code

The Java Library is simple: The compilation is a jar file to be included in the application's WEB-INF/lib directory.
The GWT library was a little bit tricky to me: I remember some difficulties to configure this setup in eclipse. I think I had to add the other project's source folders to the build path, so that the GWT compiler sees the GWT library's sources.

How can I do this with maven?

  • Which archetype for the a pure java library?
  • Which archetype for the GWT library?
  • And last but not least: How to integrate the two libraries into the app project?
I would be glad if I get enough information to migrate my projects.
This would be great!

Magnus

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment