Thursday, June 27, 2013

Re: Can't deploy my project anymore

Thanks for the tip. I add another way to compile. You can just right-click your build.xml file, select Run As -> And Build from the context menu and voilà. Anyway this is something weird and really can't understand why they give us no support on solving this.

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:27:49 AM UTC+2, Jack Gage wrote:
So, I worked on this for a while and basically didn't come up with anything...  I think that the context-menu deployment feature is not part of GWT 2.5.1.

To get around it, I have a two-step process: I compile my project with the GWT Toolbar Button > GWT Compile project option.  This compiles the JS in my web app folder.  Then I separately set up WAR deployment via the Project Properties > Deployment Assembly screen and deploy via standard Eclipse WAR export.

This isn't quite as easy as the context-menu deployment, but once it is set up it is pretty fast.  Also has the added benefit that if you only change server-side code, you can generate a new WAR very quickly since it doesn't compile the client side every time.

Hope this helps!

- Jack


On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:47:01 AM UTC-4, Magallo wrote:
How can be possible that nobody of the Eclipse/GWT Team has nothing to say about?!

On Friday, June 21, 2013 5:17:08 PM UTC+2, Jeff Smith wrote:

I did not figure out a solution (I reverted back to an older version of my project with get 2.5).

Perhaps you should create a brand new get 2.51 project and then just copy/paste your java source code files into this new project. Good luck.

Jeff


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment