Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Re: AstDumper is not giving consistent dumps

That was a problem with the text editor I used. It was not giving the right results on Search....may be it was having problem due to the size of the file.
 
Once I changed the text editor to another one, I could see that the classes were getting printed 13 times consistently when the number of permutations was 1.
 
I later specified "-optimize 0" as compiler argument and it dumped the class only once, exactly what I was looking for.
 
Regards,
Ranjith

On Monday, June 24, 2013 10:54:24 PM UTC+5:30, Ranjith Chungath wrote:
Hi,
 
  I am using the arrgument -Dgwt.jjs.dumpAst to dump the AST during GWT compile.
 
  I am trying to understand which of the GWT modules we are using are causing the AST to become larger.
 
  However, each time I run it with the same list of GWT modules, the dump is different. I tried with running it with "-localWorkers 1" as argument to the compiler so that I get consistent results, but still the ASTs are different.
 
  For example,  the same class gets printed multiple times
class A extends B{
.......
}
 
class A extends B{
.......
}
 
final class A extends B{
.......
}
 
  Sometimes it gets printed 3 times, sometimes 4 etc., not consistent. I see that the last one is kind of optimized by removing some of the member variables etc.
 
  How can I make the output consistent so that I can compare the dumps.
 
Thanks,
Ranjith
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment