Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Is there a way to create "cross-platform scripting" in GWT?

Hi.

I would like to make a "web game" with GWT, and have some of the code "scripted" rather then compiled, to allow dynamic updates/tweaking without rebuilding and re-deploying.

Now the hard part is, what scripting language could I use to execute the scripts that would both run within the JVM and in JavaScript on the browser?

While "JavaScript" would seem like an obvious answer, I fear it would not do, due to the fact that is doesn't support "longs" natively (which I use a lot as IDs ...). Maybe there is an easy work-around, I haven't actually dived into GWT, yet so I would not know about it. I do know that GWT can compile Java code to work correctly as JavaScript even with long, but I don't know if the same solution can be used within hand-made scripts.

Regards,
Sebastien

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment