Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Re: RequestFactory and Google Data Store



On Monday, November 28, 2011 11:46:49 PM UTC+1, MagusDrk wrote:
Hello everybody.

I have a simple question. Can I use the @PersistenceCapable
annotation(data store) and the @Entity annotation in the same class
(classes).

I've just find RequestFactory to use data model in cliente side, but
I'm not sure how can it change my actual model. Can I keep my
@Persistent annotations in the class or have I to change them to the
javax.annotation ones? (I'd love some tutorial reference or something
like that)


RequestFactory does not mandate much things for your domain classes, and nothing is related to persistence. In other words, RF is "persistence agnostic". FYI, we use it with MongoDB and Morphia on the server-side, nothing to do with JPA or JDO.
 

PDT: how can I generate the Proxy entities, the service locators and
the rest of the RequestFactory structure with eclise? I mean, I have
the model (@PersistenceCapable and/or @Entity) with a couple of
entities (as 10), but I want to avoid typing to much code repeating
@ProxyFor, @ProxyValue, etc, instead, I'd like to use an eclipse
generator wich would create the basic code structure.

It seems to be possible in a project with both the AppEngine and GWT natures.
See https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-plugin-eclipse/L4rzC5xnzW4/discussion and http://code.google.com/p/google-plugin-for-eclipse/issues/detail?id=6 to allow it on projects without the AppEngine nature.

In our project, I coded a Maven plugin that generates the proxies from our domain classes automatically at build time (we have nearly 160 such proxies, and only 20 additional proxies maintained "by hand")

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/57fXI0LHVFsJ.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment