Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Re: Installing GWT plugin for Eclipse

Remove all dependences.
For your Win 7 64 bits, install JDK 6 '32' bits, eclipse JEE Indigo, gwt eclipse indigo 3.7.
Clear  environment variables.




Em 28 de novembro de 2011 16:07, Postholes <skullzporthos@gmail.com> escreveu:
I am having serious hair pulling type issues. When I search the web to
try to resolve the issue myself I just run into a whole mess of people
that seem to have very similar problems, Win 7 64bit OS, (any version
of Eclipse), and Java SDK 6. Nobody has posted a solution that helps
me. I have a project I have to do very soon and I can't get a simple
tool to work at the moment, hopefully everybody can understand my
frustration. I have tried everything that comes to mind, multiple new
installs of Eclipse, all versions, posted on the Eclipse forums and
still no help there either. I re-downloaded all of the new installs of
Eclipse, went through the GWT tutorial line by line and can't get
anywhere with the plugin. I have some screen shots but don't see a way
to include them in this email without posting links. The basic gist of
what's happening is:

Unable to read repository at http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.7/content.jar.
Read timed out

I get this with windows firewall disabled, allowing Eclipse through,
from several different wifi locations, including my home network with
DMZ status set up for system and still cannot connect. When I tried
installing the WST for Eclipse and used the local install method for
the GWT it tries to go to an outside server with or without the "Check
for all updated software" button selected (didn't quote it exactly but
I think you know what I mean). After several minutes of nothing it
says unable to read repository.

I will attempt any suggestion at this point, even if it's something
I've done ad-nausea, because I am quite aware that I may be missing
something simple. As before I have found that this is a fairly common
issue, but never found a solution posted anywhere.

Please Help,

Postholes

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.




--
[]'s
Samir Trajano Feitosa
"Quando a vida pregar uma peça em você, solte um sorriso bem engraçado. Assim o drama vira comédia e as lágrimas se tornam aplausos."
[Samir Trajano Feitosa]
Ciência da Computação UFCG

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment