Monday, November 28, 2011

Re: Ideal development platform for GWT/GAE?

MacBook Pro + SSD + 8GB Ram.
GWT Dev on this is great.

Also have an Ubuntu Linux VM that I have some other GWT tester projs that I just haven't moved over as yet.

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Mark Molloy <mark.e.molloy@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I currently have one laptop (Windows 7 64-bit) that I use for
everything -- and that's a lot of #&^%.  It is an operational mess.
Now, I've installed MyEclipse 9.0 to develop a GWT/GAE application.
Unfortunately, whenever Eclipse is running, the browsers start timing
out.  E.g., it is impossible to use gmail. :(  Performance of Eclipse
is pretty erratic, too.

I'm thinking that I should get a machine dedicated to development/
testing of my GWT/GAE application. I just want to install Java,
Eclipse, and the plugins I need for the app.

What do people in this group recommend? I want a minimum of
operational maintenance, reasonable performance, and consistent "it
just works" behavior, in place of the constant hanging, re-installing,
head-scratching operational frustration I currently experience. I'd
like to be able to spend my productive time coding and testing
algorithms, not trying to figure out why the layers of software
underneath don't work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Mark

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.




--
--
Pav

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment