Monday, May 30, 2011

Can't get gwt remote service (path) to work

Hi,

I have an app named "thinpost", where client-side code lives in
com.mthusain.thinpost.client.* and server-side code lives in
com.mthusain.thinpost.server.* . I have made a service (for RPC with
AppEngine JDO) called ThinpostService. The ThinpostServiceAsync code
lives in the client-side whereas the ThinpostServiceImpl code lives in
the server. In the ThinpostService, I have included this line at the
top: @RemoteServiceRelativePath("welcome"). In the web.xml file, I
have:

<!-- Servlets -->
<servlet>
<servlet-name>thinpostService</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.mthusain.thinpost.server.ThinpostServiceImpl</
servlet-class>
</servlet>

<!-- Servlet Mapping -->
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>thinpostService</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>com.mthusain.thinpost/welcome</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Why am I still getting this error:

com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: 404
HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /thinpost/welcome. Reason:

NOT_FOUND

What am I doing wrong? I have tried many different combinations of url-
patterns: com.mthusain.thinpost.thinpost/welcome, com.mthusain/
welcome, com.mthusain/welcome, thinpost/welcome etc. but none seems to
work. Do I need to create a file in com.mthusain.thinpost called
welcome? If so, then what should I add in it? What am I missin here?
Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment