Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Re: Selecting and disabling elements in CellTable

Ok, I've got two checkbox columns interspersed between other columns.
If I add and delete the checkbox columns based on the current user
selection in the first table, then other columns are going to be
jumping around. No?

Which takes us back to "controls moving around, destroying ability to
use muscle memory." Which is I find that solution unacceptable.

So, is it possible for me to enable or disable controls in a column in
a CellTable? Or does GWT lack that feature?

Greg

On Feb 1, 10:20 am, Jeff Schwartz <jefftschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Greg Dougherty
> <dougherty.greg...@mayo.edu>wrote:
>
> > Jeff,
>
> > > Don't move the check boxes, just don't render them.
>
> > So, you're saying when the user selects a group they do not own, I
> > should make the checkboxes disappear, leaving me with an empty column
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> We all have very strong beliefs when it comes to UI so I hope you understand
> that I am not trying to convert you over to my point of view. But to answer
> your question, no, I am not saying leave an empty column. I am saying don't
> display the column.
>
> Jeff

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment