Saturday, February 26, 2011

Re: is it possible to use an SLF4J adapter in GWT to wrap java.util.logging ?

Why didn't you use i_log, as I already finished it and open sourced it
several years ago?

http://cvs.adligo.org/viewvc/i_log/
common logging api anywhere you could use a .java source file.
JSE, JME and GWT

Cheers,
Scott

On Feb 25, 5:50 am, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, February 25, 2011 4:04:12 AM UTC+1, zixzigma wrote:
>
> > is it possible to use an SL4J adapter in GWT to wrap java.util.logging ?
>
> I started working on something like that at work, and we will eventually
> open source it.
>
> For now, I can use Slf4J in my client code. In DevMode, it will use whatever
> Slf4j implementation it finds in the classpath (which means that it will
> write to the console, not to the DevMode window), and it compiles out in
> prod mode.
> I've been thinking recently about just wrapping java.util.logging (and using
> jul-to-slf4j.jar to format my logs using logback) instead of my default,
> emulated NOPLoggerFactory (used in web mode only), but we actually don't use
> it that much in client code (and overall), so I didn't invest any more time
> in it for now.
>
> There's also a project on GitHub:https://github.com/derjan1982/slf4gwtmore
> like gwt-log than JUL integration in GWT though, IIRC.
>
> > I would like to be able to use logging.properties file to define
> > formatting,
> > which I believe is not possible with java.util.logging.
>
> I believe you can (at least in DevMode I mean, or when using a
> RemoteLogHandler), though you might have to make your own Formatter class
> (or pick a third-party one).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment