Monday, August 30, 2010

Re: Problems with gwt plugin and eclipse

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check the on the jdk version on
that machine.
However, I also have a 32 bit vista machine. This morning on the 32
bit machine I downloaded the helios 3.6 version of eclipse and the 3.6
version of the gwt plugin. When trying to create a standard gwt
project I get the same error as on the 64 bit machine:
Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Google Web Toolkit Project Validator' on
project 'contacts'.
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject

My problem does not seem to be related to a 64 bit versus 32 issue.
Could there be another piece of software on both of my machines that
could be causing a problem?
Thanks, Terry

On Aug 30, 4:52 am, AlexG <alexander.gauss.ax...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi TBirch
>
> I also had problems, ehwn I get started with GWT.
> I am using Windows 7 64-Bit.
>
> I have the followong Verison installed, and everything
> works fine:
>
> Eclipse Helios 3.6 32-Bit !!
> Plugins fomr the Eclipse-plugin-install-feature
>
> Be sure you have a Java 32-Bit JDK installed, otherwise
> this will nor work with Eclipse 32-Bit.
>
> Greets Alex
>
> On 29 Aug., 21:44, TBirch <tjfbi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > I am running 64 bit windows vista and for some reason I am getting
> > this error:
> > Errors occurred during the build.
> > Errors running builder 'Google Web Toolkit Project Validator' on
> > project 'contacts'.
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModel cannot be cast to
> > org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject
>
> > I have tried several versions of eclipse and and the only way I seem
> > to be able to create and run a standard gwt project in eclipse is by
> > going back to an older version of eclipse i.e Version:
> > 3.5.0.v20090611a-9gEeG1HFtQcmRThO4O3aR_fqSMvJR2sJ
> > Build id: I20090611-1540
>
> > Anyone have any suggestions as I have tried every other combination of
> > 32 and 64 bit eclipse with gwt plugin I can think of.
> > Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment