Thursday, January 26, 2017

Re: WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

I know how stupid this will sound, but how do I create a key? What is it? I am not very good with Java code

On Friday, June 13, 2014 at 1:24:14 AM UTC-5, Honza Rames wrote:
One more thing to note. On 64-bit systems you need to create a key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Prefs. I didn't even have to change any permissions to make the message go away, just create the key.

Honza

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:30:33 PM UTC+2, Mark Vlcek wrote:
Thanks everyone, just encountered this same problem and this solved my issue as well!

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:01:22 PM UTC-7, John V Denley wrote:
Just had the same problem myself, and found that to fix it I had to do what you suggested, but I also had to manually create a "Prefs" key under JavaSoft too, as mentioned here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21496098

On Friday, 14 June 2013 02:02:26 UTC+1, QingFeng Du wrote:
well well, 4 years later, I came across the same problem.
here's my solution:
open regedit.exe ( really hate Microsoft and their regedit.reg).
change the permission of key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft.....Right click the icon, then change the permission to full operation.

On Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:03:20 PM UTC-4, Farinha wrote:
The subject has it all.

Eclipse 3.4.2
GWT Eclipse Plugin
Windows 7

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment