Saturday, January 28, 2017

Re: GWT/Maven: No source code is available for type junit.framework.Test; did you forget to inherit a required module?

Hello Thomas,

thank you for all the explanations!
I took a look at gwt-user.jar. It looks very interesting. There are a lot of subfolders, where each one seems to be some sort of micro system, including several subfolrders with the common names ("client", "public", ...) as well as several *.gwt.xml files. I think, I'll look at it again...

However, it's hard for me to derive a minimalistic method for my goal: One maven project with two code bases, one for general java (or server-side) code, and one for GWT-related code.

I'd start with a new maven project "mylib", which is based on a simple archetype-quickstart maven stub, and I'd add two subfolders under src/main/java/mylib:
  • src/main/java/mylib/general
  • src/main/java/mylib/web
Then, I'd add the following file:

src/main/java/mylib/web.gwt.xml

...with the following content:

  <module>
  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
  <source path='web'/>
 </module> 

Then, I'd include mylib.general.* for server-side code, and mylib.web.* for GWT-based code.

Would this be the right way?
Could I place server-side only code under general (e. g. database related code) and GWT-based code under web?
(I still feel that the GWT compiler then would "ignore" the code under the general folder, doesn't it?)

Thanks
Magnus

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment