Thursday, January 26, 2017

Re: GWT/Maven: No source code is available for type junit.framework.Test; did you forget to inherit a required module?

Hello Thomas!

> I'd suggest getting Maven to work before Eclipse

Let me explain this:
I am in the middle of a migration of my code towards Maven. Before this, I had this situation:
  • a pure java library (lib-java)
  • a GWT-based java library (lib-gwt)
  • several applications which use both libraries (lib-java and lib-gwt)
In the first steps, I moved the two libraries to Maven. They compile fine and the target jar's are build.
The applications are still based on the GWT-plugin for eclipse, i. e. non-Maven projects.

GWT doesn't care about folders, it reads resources from the classpath.

But then I don't really understand the sense of the *.gwt.xml files, which explicitely include source folders.
 
And Eclipse does not have notions of "main" and test classpaths, so src/test/java is added to the classpath just like src/main/java.

But I only have included src/main/java in my *.gwt.xml file. If not the visibility to the GWT compiler, what else  does this mean then?
 
That said, a properly configured Eclipse+Maven+GWT project should configure GWT tasks to only include src/main/java.

How do I do that, while the application is still outsife of Maven?
(In eclipse I can only select dependend projects.)
 
Things should also Just Work™ with Maven (I'd suggest getting Maven to work before Eclipse)

As stated above, I am in the middle: The libraries are migrated to Maven and compile fine, while the applications are not yet.
My plan is to also move the applications to Maven. But first they should work in the intermediate step...

Thanks
Magnus
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment