Thursday, January 26, 2017

Re: GWT/Maven: No source code is available for type junit.framework.Test; did you forget to inherit a required module?

Hello Thomas,

I solved the actual problem by removing the Maven generated AppTest.java from the src/test/ path.
However, my further plans are concerned by what you mentioned below:

GWT doesn't care about folders, it reads resources from the classpath.
But then I don't really understand the sense of the *.gwt.xml files, which explicitely include source folders.
No, they subset the classpath by defining subpackages, independently of where they come from (and they sort-of superset the classpath with super-source too).
Still, classpath/classloader based, not file/folder based.

This means that the GWT compiler "sees" everything on the classpath, wether some subfolder is included as source code in some *.gwt.xml files or not.

At the moment, I have separate libraries, one for pure Java code and one for GWT-based Java code. I already thought about moving them into one library, where one subfolder contains the GWT-related code.
For this one "GWT-folder", this would mean:
  • Only the GWT-folder must be seen by the GWT-compiler, since the other code may not compile with it.
  • Only for the GWT-folder, the corresponding source code must be included into the library jar file.
Until now I thought I can do that by placing a *.gwt.xml file only for the GWT-folder, so that all other folders are simply not existing from the GWT's point of view.
But if I understand you right, all other folders would be included by the GWT-compiler, too. And I don't want to fix this by having special run configurations for all my applications.
The optimal solution for me would be: Include a single jar in an application project, and have both the pure Java libraries and the GWT-related libraries present in the application.

Can I do this or must I keep the both libraries separated?

Thank you very much!
Magnus


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment