Thursday, May 30, 2013

Re: how to inherit external module jxl ? Problems working with excel sheets

Hi. Dalla. I am stuck with the same problem. Could you explain how you do it on the server side ?

Thank you.

Le dimanche 19 juillet 2009 21:35:58 UTC+2, Dalla a écrit :
You could do this using a file upload to the server,
do the excel work on the server side and then serialize the data and
send it back
to the client, displaying it in any way you want using GWT.

--Dalla
http://date-time.appspot.com/

On 17 Juli, 03:19, sly <sly.wicker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So is there no way for me to go ahead with using this module ?
> How else can I work with excel sheets ? Please do help me.
> My application needs to import an external excel sheet browsed in by
> the user and the data needs to be read and displayed using GWT.
> If anyone knows any working gwt app/project please do let me know.
>
> On Jul 16, 1:06 pm, Isaac Truett <itru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > > After going through many of the threads here, I found out that the
> > > reason for this is that I have not inherited this module into my
> > > project. Where I am stuck right now is, HOW toINHERITit ???
>
> > You can't, because it isn't a GWT module. The classes you're trying to
> > use (java.io.File, for example) are not part of a GWT module and
> > they're not JRE classes that GWT emulates. Those classes can't be
> > compiled into JS to run in the browser.
>
> > On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM, sly<sly.wicker...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I'm new to gwt and have been working on a project which works with
> > > excel sheets. I need to read an excel sheet and use that data in my
> > > application.
> > > I have included the jar found in this url in the build path
> > >http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/. I'm developing on eclipse.
> > > When I run the project as a gwt app I get the following error.
>
> > > Line 20: No source code is available for type java.io.FileInputStream;
> > > did you forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 22: No source code is available for type java.io.File; did you
> > > forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 38: No source code is available for type jxl.Sheet; did you
> > > forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 45: No source code is available for type java.io.InputStream; did
> > > you forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 46: No source code is available for type jxl.WorkbookSettings;
> > > did you forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 47: No source code is available for type jxl.Workbook; did you
> > > forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 49: No source code is available for type jxl.Cell; did you forget
> > > toinherita required module?
> > > Line 52: No source code is available for type jxl.DateCell; did you
> > > forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 57: No source code is available for type java.util.Locale; did
> > > you forget toinherita required module?
> > > Line 104: No source code is available for type
> > > jxl.read.biff.BiffException; did you forget toinherita required
> > > module?
>
> > > After going through many of the threads here, I found out that the
> > > reason for this is that I have not inherited this module into my
> > > project. Where I am stuck right now is, HOW toINHERITit ??? Below is
> > > a copy of my .gwt.xml
>
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.6.4//
> > > EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.6.4/distro-
> > > source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
> > > <module rename-to='gwtsample'>
>
> > >  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
>
> > >  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard'/>
>
> > >  <entry-point class='com.sample.client.gwtsample'/>
>
> > >  <inherits name="com.google.gwt.maps.GoogleMaps" />
>
> > >  <script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?
> > > gwt=1&amp;file=api&amp;v=2&amp;sensor=false;key=0UJTPX2XKYcABhyx5VXkq-
> > > K2YctzpXUYhHEfWTQ" />
> > > </module>
>
> > > I do not how toinheritthe jxl module.
> > > Below is a copy of my import statements in one of my class file
> > > import jxl.Cell;
> > > import jxl.DateCell;
> > > import jxl.Sheet;
> > > import jxl.Workbook;
> > > import jxl.WorkbookSettings;
> > > import jxl.read.biff.BiffException;
>
> > >  I tried <inherits name="jxl.Cell"/> and so on for all those classes .
> > > And still its not working.
> > > Can anyone please help me regarding this, I need to overcome this very
> > > badly. I'm a student and my project has stagnated for a few days and I
> > > cannot afford more of it.
>
> > > Also if anyone can help me with a sample gwt application which reads/
> > > writes an excel sheet, would really help me learn a lot.
>
> > > Thanking in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment