Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Compiling Error (not Present in Eclipse) with Generics (requestfactory related interface)

Hi all,

I can't figure this out, haven't found anything on the interwebs, and it's really, really getting to me. I have the following interface:

public interface PersistedClassRC<P extends EntityProxy, N extends Serializable> {
Request<P> save(P entityProxy,int version);
Request<Void> delete(P entityProxy);
Request<P> findById(N id);
}

Now in Eclipse there are no errors, no warnings and I can run in Devmode just fine. However when I compile it I get the following error:

.../PersistedClassRC.java:39: error: The type N cannot be used here
    [javac]     Request<P> findById(N id);
    [javac]

I'm using Java 1.6.0_30 but have also tried it on 1.7.0_05 and 1.7.0_21 and all yield the same error. Is there something I'm not seeing, is this illegal? Please any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

-Seth

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment