Monday, September 28, 2020

Re: Why Don’t You Use Java for Programming the Client-Side Web Apps on Web Browser?

Hello Lofi,

Java + GWT + GXT + Eclipse was my main toolkit for over a decade. When Sencha went crazy with the price of license renewals, I started looking for alternatives.

Today my toolkit has changed to Java for backend/server side, TypeScript for client side and Visual Studio Code for code development. Communication between Java server and TypeScript UI is handled via REST interface.

Now I'm free to choose any UI style I like, my code has simplified a lot and there is a clearer separation between server and client code. There are no license costs and I don't have to deal with GWT and GXT, except for an old project I still have to maintain.

The switch to JavaScript/TypeScript gave me a huge advantage: now I can use ElectronJS to create cross-platform desktop apps that are actually web apps running on a local Java server.

I don't regret moving away from GWT + GXT. Actually, I'm quite happy with the refreshed coding experience.

Regards,
Rodolfo M. Raya


On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 4:02 PM lofid...@gmail.com <lofidewanto@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to know, what are the obstacles for you as Java developers not using Java as programming language for writing Web browser apps. Web browser apps are client-side and not server-side Web apps. 
I would like to know from you... Java developers...

Thanks, Lofi


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/b099f262-5a83-4a1e-83d8-5cc6ef336e53n%40googlegroups.com.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit/CALr%2Bh%2BvLp9Q3-dt8D-X6F%2B%2BPn1yAES7skm6%2B3rgB14PNPHswqA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment