Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Re: server push example with GWT?

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. Sure I don't expect anyone to fix it for me, just to know if it is a problem my end or if I am trying to do too much with the embedded server indeed.

I am happy with running an external server, however, it would be nice if I could get a similar level of debug functionality, ie breakpoint in server code, all the superdev mode feature, etc... Any good step by step manual? I tried the noserver flag (in Intellij) and running a server aside (as per GWT project page instructions) but it doesn't provide the goodies I mentioned previously, for instance, it doesn't update the client when I change it and reload it. To be honest, I can't really see how the magic would happen without some connection between the two. I am probably missing a key element/step :)


On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 14:44:24 UTC+2, Thomas Broyer wrote:


On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 1:52:03 PM UTC+2, Thomas Lefort wrote:
Has anybody managed to run an example of websockets with the embedded jetty in gwt 2.8? ie only using the jsr API. I just can't get it to work, the ServerEndpoint annotation doesn't get picked up. I also tried with the "manual" registrarion, eg with serverContainer.addEndpoint, but I have other issues there too (class cast exception). On the other hand it seems to work fine on my standalone server, so it feels like it's a problem with the embedded version.

…and not something we're willing to "fix", fyi.

(in case it wasn't clear: we're really pushing towards using external servlet containers, and using the CodeServer endpoint rather than DevMode integration; DevMode is handy but people regularly try to do "too much" with it –just like you in this case–, spend an awful lot of time trying to make it work, then find that their hacks break with a new version of GWT and start complaining, etc. So, your time is much better spent setting up a developer experience where you run an external server; if it were only me, DevMode would only serve static files)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment