Wednesday, May 31, 2017

How to add a GWT module to a dynamically created Iframe

What's the best way to handle this scenario ?
- Code wise have I would like to have 2 seperate GWT modules. Modules as defined in this page
- Download both modules in a single download, as a js file.
- Run one of the modules in a dynamically created iframe.




Detailed description:

I have a GWT module called 'embed' which generates embed.nocache.js file.
I have another GWT module called 'widget' which generates widget.nocache.js file.

I add embed.nocache.js to my HTML page. This adds a link called 'widget' in the HTML page.
On click of this link, an iframe (say, widget.html) opens. widget.html has a link to widget.nocache.js. This file gets downloaded, gets executed in the iframe and puts a horizontal panel into the iframe.


Now I need to eliminate a seperate download of widget.nocache.js file.

Say I inherit 'widget' module in embed, it gets compiled and downloaded together. How do I initialise the all the 'widget' related javascript in a dynamically created iframe ?  



Can creating a custom linker help ?



Thanks.







--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment