Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Re: Multiple GWT modules in one Maven module

Thanks for the replies.

I already took a look at the issue on the plugin's github: https://github.com/tbroyer/gwt-maven-plugin/issues/57
Sadly, this was closed and recently labeled with a wontfix, hence me asking for help here :)


On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 9:55:15 AM UTC+2, DavidN wrote:
In my project I have many modules. What I did is simple create a gwt-lib maven module per GWT module. Those modules served different purposes so it made sense to split them in smaller artifacts.

In some cases I moved the code around so that I join multiple modules into one big module instead.

Another solution you could try is to have one module that inherits all the other modules. But I don't like that approach because it means you have manually maintain that gwt.xml file and those other gwt.xml files as well, while with the gwt-lib approach the gwt maven plugin will take care of adding the inherits tags automatically (if you have the gwt-lib in your dependency section).

I was hoping to (for the time being) avoid this exact approach. I realize this is the way to go, but I'm also expected to maintain full compatibility with our old ant build (until the maven build is as good as ready).

Should I take a look at the legacy Mojo maven plugin, or can I expect to come across the same hurdles with that one given my project layout?


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment