Monday, March 21, 2016

Re: JsInterop and Sencha Ext js framework

Thomas has a point. I am biased, because work for Sencha. :)

This is my opinion. ExtJs has some nice Api docs, but they're written in javascript of course. And when using a external javascript library, I think hugging it as closely as possible helps tremendously. And the first reason I mean when I say, "hug it closely as possible" means the docs will easily guide the way. The second reason is, javascript has dynamic types and this both affects the return and function parameters. I'm all about getting the job done in the shortest path with iterative development in mind. I think this may be true for me on most libraries. I've found after building the Google maps api wrapper in JSNI, that it added a complexity and labor of maintenance that I would have rather concentrated on developing business logic to get the job done. That said, there are many ways to do things and this is just one of them. 

I found it quite simple to through together the object literals which leads to the creation of the javascript objects in the ExtJs world. I didn't follow the Java format in creation on this example in the gist. I kept it simple using Object for the types. Once i figured out Object literal creation, in the case ExtJs wants object literals instead of an Object, it was a snap to throw together a wrapper of just what I needed. 

https://gist.github.com/branflake2267/5ea05b1cf0c956953026 - Example of generically wrapping some javascript. 

Anyway, I'm digging JsInterops flexibility in writing Javascript. 


On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 1:08:46 AM UTC-7, ateletin wrote:
I just want to let you know that my "Person" example which is written using
ExtJs works ok with JsInterop.
It seems that the problem was the ExtJs library that I used.. something was
broken in it. I've changed the library and now I get the expected results.

Thank you all for your time.



--
View this message in context: http://google-web-toolkit.2317884.n4.nabble.com/JsInterop-and-Sencha-Ext-js-framework-tp15385p15429.html
Sent from the Google Web Toolkit mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment