Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Re: Want to convert a couple of Java Applets

Hi Tom,

I think GWT will be a good option to rewrite your Calculator. Anyway you will have to rewrite your screens but you will be able to reuse your logic code.
If you want to copy/paste your code, you must ensure few points :
Anyway if your applet doesn’t respect those points, GWT will be a good solution but you will have to rewrite or refactor your code.
As you know Java and Applet, GWT is the easiest solution for you to make your Calculator in a web browser. But you will spend a bit of time to learn it.

Regards,

Fabien.



Le 1 juil. 2014 à 01:08, Tom Adams <tadamsmar@gmail.com> a écrit :

I have a couple of Java Applets deployed on the web that I would like to convert away from deploying  Java Applets, due to the apparent failure/decline of Java Applets as a web technology.

There are at www.poologic.com. they are the Poologic Calculator and ROI Calculator.

Seems I can use GWT to compile them into javascript, not sure.

Is GWT  a good option? Are their better options?

I am at the bottom of the learning curve, just found GWT a few hours ago.  I was starting to learn javascript, but I decided to do some searches on automatic Java to Javascript conversion tools today.


No comments:

Post a Comment