Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Re: Web App Launch View Activator displays repeatedly in Progress tab on Eclipse and debugging is very slow

Hi Paul, 

Did you get any solution for your problem? I am also facing the same problem :(

On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 18:43:59 UTC+5:30, Paul Illingworth wrote:
Ok, thanks. I'll try Stack Overflow for now.

P.

On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 13:54:04 UTC+1, Thomas Broyer wrote:
"Web App Launch View Activator" is a Google Plugin for Eclipse thing, it doesn't come from GWT proper.
You'd better ask on StackOverflow (with tag google-plugin-eclipse), or in https://groups.google.com/d/forum/google-plugin-eclipse

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:40:55 PM UTC+2, Paul Illingworth wrote:
Hi all,

I have a fairly simple GWT application that when I run in dev mode shows "Web App Launch View Activator" in Eclipse. This is causing problems, taking up a chunk of processing on my machine. It does the for about a while (a minute to several miuntes), then stops. I'm running in Firefox 20.0.1

It does this every time I visit a new "page" in my application (i.e. launch a new Activity and add the associated view to the page) or trigger somethings, but not all, on the UI. So, seems to happen when something new is added to the DOM maybe?

When it is displaying "Web App Launch View Activator" in the progress refreshing the browser to reload the application takes a very long time. If I wait for things to settle and the "Web App Launch View Activator" messaqes is no longer displaying a browser refresh is quite quick.

What is the GWT plugin doing when its is displaying "Web App Launch View Activator", what triggers it and what can I do to reduce the impact on my development?

Paul I.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment