Thursday, July 24, 2014

Re: Manipulating current history token

Why don't you use a static map kind of data to store the state of your pages.
24 Tem 2014 22:50 tarihinde "Shaun Tarves" <shaun@tarves.net> yazdı:
>
> I am using Places in my GWT app, but I've encountered a scenario in which I want to manually manipulate the current history token, and I'm having trouble:
>
> I have a screen showing a collection of objects, where the user can click a button to load more results (similar to an infinite scrolling scenario). Each time I add more results, I want to make note of that in the current history token so that if a user navigates back to the page, I have that number and can initially load that many results.
>
> I DON'T want to change the visible URL token whenever they load more results.
>
> I've tried doing placeController.getWhere and manipulating the actual place to set a value, but that doesn't help when going forward/back, since the altered place was never hashed on the history stack.
>
> I've also tried to alter the history item that is on the history stack by calling History.getValue() and just making changes to it, but that doesn't seem to work either.
> History.newItem(string, false) also doesn't work because it will change my visible token, which is exactly what I don't want to do.
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment