Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Re: GWT 2.2 on linux: Designer not wokring

Andy,

I reinstalled Java EE and Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers on my
CentOS 5.5 machine. Spent several hours and made several unsuccessful
attempts.

I moved to a Win32 XP machine and installed there. Everything went
fine and I was able to successfully run GWT Designer.

I am disappointed that I was not able to get GWT Designer to run on
CentOS and will try again when I have a few hours to spend.


Thanks for your help,
Michael

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Michael Howard <michael@uforlife.com> wrote:
> Andy,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I just checked and I did *not* install the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers.
>
> I am downloading it now and will try again.
>
> Q: Was there someplace in the GWT doc that told me I should use the
> Java EE version of Eclipse? Or should that just have been "common
> knowledge" ?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Andy Nguyen <kaneflix@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Micheal did you use: Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers?
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM, MichaelUFL <michael@uforlife.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Summary: GWT Designer Beta crashes eclipse after initialization
>>> timeout
>>>
>>> Detail:
>>>
>>> I am a GWT newbie setting up on CentOS 5.6.
>>> Fresh Eclipse Helios 3.6 SR2 install.
>>> I installed GWT Designer to go through tutorials. I encountered
>>> problem with:
>>>
>>>  No GWT support found for this system
>>>
>>> I did my best to confirm system requirements, and I am quite sure that
>>> I comply.
>>> googling led me to this thread.
>>> Per recommendation in this thread I switched to GWT Designer beta.
>>> Behavior changed, but did not get better.
>>> Eclipse startup now hangs for exactly 60 seconds with dialog box
>>> saying
>>>  Opening Design page.
>>>  Initializing GWT Development Mode...
>>>
>>> Eclipse then starts ... displays:
>>>  GWT Initialization timeout
>>>
>>> This is visible for 1-2 seconds, then Eclipse crashes/exits
>>>
>>> Advice appreciated.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mar 1, 11:10 am, Eric Clayberg <clayb...@google.com> wrote:
>>> > I'm glad that worked. That was our recommendation here as well...
>>> >
>>> > http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=6029#c26
>>> >
>>> > On Feb 28, 3:20 pm, Richard van der Wath <rvanderw...@gmail.com>
>>> > wrote:
>>> >
>>> > > Problem disappeared after I installedGWTDesignerBETA fromhttp://code.google.com/intl/af/webtoolkit/tools/download-gwtdesigner-...
>>> >
>>> > > Thanks for everybody's help!
>>> > > Richard
>>> [snip]
> [snip]
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment