Thursday, March 31, 2011

How can I unit test some basic JavaScript overlay objects with the need for a Servlet and GWTTestCase ?

I have a few JavaScriptObject overlay types that I need to check for correct behaviour.
 
They basically represent data that I receive from a JSONP request.
 
I tried adding a servlet for testing that would serve the JSONP following the JUnit testing docs of GWT but
I noticed that it does not start the servlet that I configured in the MyTest.gwt.xml file and I don't want to
expose this testing servlet in the web.xml of my application.
 
Any ideas on how I could do this as a real unittest (without GWTTestCase).
I can easily generate the json payload but that is using code that is not GWT compilable.
I have no way to instantiate the JavaScript overlay object (because it gives an error that it could not bind the native methods)...
 
is there a way that I could somehow let this run with Rhino ? I just need to be able to check that my overlays are compatible with the data that I generate.
 
David

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment