Thursday, March 31, 2011

GWT Date Serialization problem

Has anybody noticed a problem with dates and RPC. Basically I receive a date from the backend and able to see the correct date in the RPC Impl in the debugger but when I set the Date field on the client (after the the results are serialized), I see that the date is offset by a day.
I havnt tested extensively for what dates cause this problem, but I do see this randomly. Yes the Client and the Server are in different time zones, but I am not setting the time component (using sql.date on the server side, which essentially has no time component).

Anybody has encountered this before? I can work aound this (by passing the DD, MM, YYYY components separately), but want to understand the problem better.
Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment