Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Deploying symbolMaps in a production build

Hello,
I have an issue that only manifests in a deployed GWT application and so am trying to enable source maps in the production build.

I have added...

    <add-linker name="xsiframe" />
    <set-property name="compiler.useSourceMaps" value="true"/>

...to the project.ui.xml file and have passed -saveSource to the compiler

In my war I see the WEB-INF/deploy/ProjectName/symbolMaps folder
 containing 1A2B3C.symbolMap and 1A2B3C_sourceMap0.json

My understanding is that I need to have the following comment at the bottom of the various generated javascript files which are pulled in by the bootstrap code
//# sourceMappingURL=myUrl

so I should see that at the bottom of 1A2B3C.cache.js found in the project folder of the war (same folder as myProject.nocache.js)

What I see at the end of that file is...

//# sourceURL=Utmc-0.js

... and this is what is delivered in chrome devtools when I try to find the source

Has anyone else tried this and, if so, what am I missing?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment