Saturday, January 25, 2014

Re: 2.6.0-rc3 and Jetty's WebAppContext (jetty-web.xml)

I'm not using the tomcat-maven-plugin. I'm managing Tomcat in a separate console using the $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh and shutdown.sh scripts (having modified startup.sh to add jpda to the command).

I can see that Eclipse is writing to target/MyApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes. What I can't understand is how Tomcat sees those changes. $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes doesn't change, but that is certainly what I'm pointing my browser to.

On Friday, January 24, 2014 3:48:01 PM UTC-5, Jens wrote:
I log out and change a log entry in my servlet. I open a new tab in Chrome, etc., and I see the new message written in my log file. Interestingly (to me, at least) is that the date and time of the servlet class in /Library/Tomcat/catalina/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes is still from yesterday. The update has occurred to the class file in target/MyApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes. That seems magical to me. Isn't my app running from Tomcat?

Well, if you start Tomcat through Maven using the tomcat-maven-plugin then the folder target/MyApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT will be deployed to Tomcat via Maven as thats the exploded war output folder of your Maven project. Also Eclipse has most likely configured itself to output class files into target/MyApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes because Eclipse knows you are using Maven.

-- J.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment