Friday, January 31, 2014

body.scrollLeft and body.scrollTop deprecated in strict mode

When I'm running my project in SuperDevMode with GWT 2.6.0, I occasionally these messages in Chrome's JavaScript Console:

body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollLeft' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollLeft' only if in quirks mode. 

body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode. 

After copying down the source, the former seems to come from user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/impl/DOMImpl.java, line 481. The latter seems to come from user/src/com/google/gwt/dom/client/Element.java, line 847. (I could be way off. I'm making assumption because both calls are in native JavaScript and I find no others.)

It's probably inconsequential for some time to come, but I just thought I'd point it out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Web Toolkit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-web-toolkit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment